Another RDP Question
Have read through all the RDP issues and am still stumped. This is Server 2008 standard Have a 2008 server (SP1) has been working in a 2000 domain. We upgraded the domain controllers a couple weekends ago to 2003 and ran into the "Vista" issue. Went through and made changes as recommended in Article 943996 and everything on the 2008 server began working again except RDP. When I look at the service from manager I see it is installed, disabled. From the console of the server I go to properties of the computer / remote / and I see allow remote assistance is grayed out (which is weird) and the Remote is dark black, has a check mark and I have added administrator (both local and domain) my admin account, domain admins and domain users as allow to connect. When I RDP to the server I immediately get a "Access Denied" and cannot connect. I have tried the connect with various user accounts but every time I immediately get an "access denied" I have compared all the services to lists I have found on line and everything (service wise) that should be working is working. Any suggestions? This is a production box so I need to be careful about bounces and changes that may effect it's use.
February 4th, 2010 8:32pm

Anything in this section that would help? http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Server_2008_Remote_Desktop_Administration Thinking about the section "Allow connections from .."
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2011 4:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics