Analysis services won't start?

I have a VM in Azure environment which has SQL Server 2012 installed.

I'm trying to deploy my cube into the Analysis services, but I cannot since the Analysis services is not running.

I tried to start the service from Sql Server Configuration Manager, but I only get this error: 

The only thing that the Event Viewer says is: 

"The SQL Server Analysis Services (MSSQLSERVER) service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 9 time(s)." and gives an EventID 7034.

I'm logged in as the administrator.

How can I start the SSAS in Azure?

October 17th, 2012 11:21am

Hi Pekch,

According to my research, this issue is happened on SQL Server 2008 version, and has been resolved by service pack.

For SQL Server 2012, there is no information based on my research, but we can refer to the causes in SQL Server 2008.
You create a session cube in a session from a server-based cube.
You are disconnected from SQL Server. The session is not closed.
A ProcessFull operation is performed on a measure group for the server-based cube. This operation causes the session cube to be updated.

Try to  Clean up the old files:
Please delete those old (dated back in Nov 2009) on the \OLAP\Temp folder

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2012 8:49am

Hi and thanks for reply!

My \OLAP\Temp -folder is empty.

I am connected to the SQL Server database engine(not the Analysis services because the service isn't running).

My cube resides now at another server. I would want to back up and restore that cube to the Azure VM. The deployment can wait.... I think the easiest in this case is to go with back up and restore. The cube is thus processed at the other server and that works fine.

This is what I'm trying to do before I get the error displayed in the first post:

Just to get the SSAS running would be enough.

October 18th, 2012 9:32am

Please post this issue to Analysis Service forum 

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlanalysisservices/threads 

Thanks

Sethu Srinivasan [MSFT]

SQL Sever

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 31st, 2012 6:20pm

Hi Peckch,

It happened to me too... I had to do a Repair to SQL Server, and that solved it.

Hope it helps

April 22nd, 2015 8:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics