An error occurred while executing a custom action:_PreRegisterExtensionsDefer red

Hello

I have installed Windows Server 2012 Standard Evalution

Memory 8GB

Processor 2.00GZ

Iam running the Service Manager Setup Wizard and just on the last bit on the "Install Services" if anyone has got solution for the error looking forward to heir

An error occurred while executing a custom action:_PreRegisterExtensionsDeferred
This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction are made, you can retry upgrade for this role.

Thanks

KB

November 15th, 2012 1:35am

Please open log file and find PreRegisterExtensionsDeferred error.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 15th, 2012 1:44am

Hi Anton

The Log folder which i created on SQL server is empty. Iam i suppose to look somewhere on the windows Server 2012 on local drive.

Cheers KB

November 15th, 2012 2:04am

Link to log file located on the right side of the setup window if setup failed.

November 15th, 2012 2:06am

Hi Anton,

I have send you the log file.

Thanks for your assistance :) hear from you soon.

Cheers

November 15th, 2012 2:40am

There is some permission issue. From your log:

Assembly Install: Failing with hr=80070005 at RemoveDirectoryAndChildren, line 398

Please check your permission, try to copy installation file locally and check overall system health.

November 15th, 2012 3:22am

Hi Anton,

Thanks i just noticed even though the error it did install the server manager :) not sure if thats going to be issue later on.

Cheers

KB

November 16th, 2012 6:19am

Hi Anton,

Thanks i just noticed even though the error it did install the server manager :) not sure if thats going to be issue later on.

Cheers

KB

November 16th, 2012 6:19am

Very usefull information.

I solve my problem followin your recomendations.

Thanks

March 9th, 2013 6:37pm

What permissions were you missing?
April 24th, 2013 4:18am

I was able to get past this :_PreRegisterExtensionsDeferred error by re-launching setup.exe from an elevated command prompt, even though I was already logged in as a local admin.  It seems the installer did not prompt for elevation before launching.

After that, I got hit with this error because the failed configuration of SSRS didn't cleanup all the folders; manually deleting all the folders in SSRS, then re-running the install made it work the third time around.

January 12th, 2014 6:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics