An error occurred when invoking the authorization extension. (rsAuthorizationExtensionError)

Hello,

I'm not sure when (I suspect SQL 2012 SP1 CU3 and Windows Updates) reporting stopped working.

In Internet Explorer I have error:

An error occurred when invoking the authorization extension. (rsAuthorizationExtensionError) Get Online Help
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

In MSSRS logs lot of:

library!ReportServer_0-1!15f4!03/31/2015-00:00:42:: i INFO: Call to ListChildrenAction(/, False).
library!ReportServer_0-1!15f4!03/31/2015-00:00:42:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AuthorizationExtensionException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AuthorizationExtensionException: An error occurred when invoking the authorization extension. ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccess' threw an exception. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccess' threw an exception. ----> System.Exception: Exception decrypting. The specified file could not be decrypted
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.DPAPIWrapper.Decrypt(Byte[] cipherText)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.AsymmetricKeyManager.Initialize(Byte[] publicKey)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Security.SecureStorageManager.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccess.get_secureStorageDatabaseManager()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccess..cctor()
   --- End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccess..ctor()
   at CreateMicrosoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.ServiceDataLayer.SdkDataAccessBackCompatProxy()
   at Syst...).
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---;

MSSRS version is 

Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Version 2011.0110.5058.00.

I tried to delete all encrypted content, restart SQL and Reporting few times, install last Windows Update updates and don't have idea what to do more.

SQL and MSSRS services are working on domain accounts, nothing changes.

• Edited by LukaszH Tuesday, March 31, 2015 6:27 AM
March 31st, 2015 6:26am

Hi LukaszH,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 1st, 2015 7:29am

Hi Lukasz

The exception throw from the SCOM,instead of  the reporting service directly ,so please create a new thread in SCOM forum.

April 3rd, 2015 2:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics