An error occurred during report processing (rsProcessingAborted). Cannot create a connection to datasource?

I created some reports and whenever I try to load the reports, I get the error below:

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Cannot create a connection to data source 'datasource name'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors "

If I hit refresh on the page, the report loads correctly. This seems to happen the first time I load a report after a certain time period. If I get the error and then refresh.. the report loads correctly. I can close the window and go back to the report and it loads without the error.

However, if I wait a little while, then try to load the report again, I get the same processing error and have to refresh the page for the report to load. I have my datasource configured with "Credentials stored securely in the report server and have the user id and password saved. I also checked Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source"

Any idea?

August 31st, 2015 9:33am

Hi AutfsAdmin,

he error message about cannot create a connection to datasource (rs error opening connection) often occurred when the user cannot connect to the data source.

In order to fix this issue, please make sure:

• The user is able to connect to the Report Server (by accessing the Web Service URL from Internet Explorer (IE)) 
  • The user is able to connect to the data source database server. 
  • The credential used to connect to the Shared data source is correct.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 10:16am

Hi AutfsAdmin,

he error message about cannot create a connection to datasource (rs error opening connection) often occurred when the user cannot connect to the data source.

In order to fix this issue, please make sure:

• The user is able to connect to the Report Server (by accessing the Web Service URL from Internet Explorer (IE)) 
  • The user is able to connect to the data source database server. 
  • The credential used to connect to the Shared data source is correct.
August 31st, 2015 10:59am

Hi ,

can you post the error log from below location

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\LogFiles

August 31st, 2015 12:41pm

Hi ,

can you post the error log from below location

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\Lo

August 31st, 2015 1:14pm

Hi AutfsAdmin,

In your scenario, please check if the SQL Server Browser Service is running. If not, please start the service. You can open SQL Server Configuration Manager to find this service in SQL Server Services tab. Also you can use the Network Monitor to monitor network traffic and protocol analysis on server side.

By the way, does the report reference to the Analysis database? If that is case, please refer to this similar threads below:
A connection cannot be made; Ensure that the server is running
A Connection Cannot be Made to Redirector

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

August 31st, 2015 11:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics