An error in Active Directory
Hi,I have created a domain using a Windows server 08 with DC named as 217DC and added the roles of ADDS, DNS, DHCP. but the problem is when I see the C:\Users folder, there are 3 Administrator accounts with names like Administrator, Administrator.217DC and Administrator.217DC.000. And currently im as Administrator.217DC.000. I dont know why this problem occurs. I can clean up the whole system but thought I should know why am I getting this error.Thanks! uDaY K
January 27th, 2010 7:40pm

Hi, Generally speaking, if the original Administrator profile was corrupted or moved and could not be loaded, system would create a new profile: Administrator.217DC. If this profile cannot be loaded, the profile Administrator.217DC.000 will be created. Please first log off and re-logon and check if the current user is still Administrator.217DC.000 user. If it changes to Administrator.217DC.001, that means the current user profiles has problem and cannot be loaded next time. This may be a hardware disk or virus issue. If you get Administrator.217DC.000 user every time you log on, this is a profile issue. The previous profile was corrupted or moved and the current profile Administrator.217DC.000 is fine. The corrupted profiles will not affect the system. So you can keep this status. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2010 1:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics