Allowing certain websites in DHCP
Hi, My company's server is not allowing us to access certain websites. A workaround is to modify the host file on each user's workstation. Unfortunately the said website uses many dynamic IPs and it doesn't work. Is there a way i can set something in the server's DHCP to allow the website? Or is it DNS issue?
November 28th, 2011 10:14pm

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Have we ever made it work with modifying hosts files on clients ? can you test by assigning static network settings (IP ,Mask , default gateway) and also specifying to use internet DNS server like 8.8.8.8 and see if it will work . If it will and we are the DHCP admin then configuring the DHCP options to make clients to use additional external DNS server is a workaround. However since your network admin had set such restriction ,may I know why we try to break it ? Perhaps we should consult with network admin to get a more valid solution. J Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2011 2:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics