Allowed IP addresses

I have an Azure SQL server, s0ztlwmah8, located in SE Asia.  I have an Azure website, located in East Asia, that is making database queries to s0ztlwmah8.  All these years it has been working fine.  But about five hours ago, the queries are blocked because:

Cannot open server 's0ztlwmah8' requested by the login. Client with IP address '10.62.78.64' is not allowed to access the server. To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range. It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect. Login failed for user 'xxx'. This session has been assigned a tracing ID of 'c5ee0ff2-5ac7-4aae-9083-4869c8b47129'. Provide this tracing ID to customer support when you need assistance.

It was then followed by an hour of:

The request failed with HTTP status 502: Bad Gateway.

The SQL Server is configured to Allowed Services: Winodws Azure Services: Yes.

The rejected IP addresses kept occurring, with the IP addresses in the range of 10.62.x.y.  Are these Microsoft IPs on the internal Azure network?

Is there something wrong with the Azure backend?

April 27th, 2015 8:54pm

Maybe Microsoft internal setting bug.
If you want to recover the error as soon as possible, you should make a support ticket.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 10:12pm

If you want to recover the error as soon as possible, you should make a support ticket.
April 27th, 2015 10:12pm

Unfortunately my plan is a MSDN thing and it does not allow me to create trouble tickets on technical issues.
April 27th, 2015 11:33pm

• Edited by ayatakaMVP Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:11 AM
April 28th, 2015 2:10am

Hi K.Kong,

Are you still having the above issues?

I am not too sure if this is related to your issue but there was a Partial Service Interruption for App Service \ Web App in East Asia.

"From 27 Apr, 2015 19:10 UTC to 28 Apr, 2015 08:45 UTC a subset of customers using App Service \ Web App in East Asia may have encountered 503 errors, or errors with outbound connectivity.
This incident has now been mitigated".

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/status/#history

Regards,
Mekh.

April 28th, 2015 10:17am

Hi K.Kong,

I am not too sure if this is related to your issue but there was a Partial Service Interruption for App Service \ Web App in East Asia.

"From 27 Apr, 2015 19:10 UTC to 28 Apr, 2015 08:45 UTC a subset of customers using App Service \ Web App in East Asia may have encountered 503 errors, or errors with outbound connectivity.

Regards,
Mekh.

April 28th, 2015 10:17am

Yes, I suspected that too.  The problem is no more seen, but it could be because I have added the IP address to the allowed list.
April 28th, 2015 12:16pm

Yes, I suspected that too.  The problem is no more seen, but it could be because I have added the IP address to the allowed list.
April 28th, 2015 12:17pm

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

April 28th, 2015 2:16pm

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

Hi K.Kong,

Regards,
Mekh.

April 28th, 2015 4:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics