All of the sudden, can't RDP into 2008 Server
Server 2008 Standard 32-bit. Try to RDP in and get this message: an authentication error has occurred Code: 0x80090330 I can RDP into all other servers. I cannot RDP into this 2008 server from any computer. No errors in the event log. I can login from the console. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
January 24th, 2011 9:12am

Hello, start with suggestions in: http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4529 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951608/Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2011 9:18am

Both of those links talk about "fixing" something on the client. Which would mean I would have to potentially modify every XP machine in our organization to fix this. The problem isn't on the client, it's on the server, that much I am sure of.
January 24th, 2011 9:36am

There is a setting on the 2008 server where you have to allow remote connection from any version of the RDP client. Could it be that simple? on the server, Right click Properties. Remote Settings - Allow any RDP version.
January 24th, 2011 10:04am

There is a setting on the 2008 server where you have to allow remote connection from any version of the RDP client. Could it be that simple? on the server, Right click Properties. Remote Settings - Allow any RDP version. I just checked it. That's what is checked off. It was worth a try ;-)
January 24th, 2011 11:09am

Next option. Disable the Windows firewall and see if thats causing the problems. (This is not a solution, but to find the cause) :)
January 25th, 2011 5:28am

Did you configure a SSL certificate on the RDS server? If you did, try to use auto-generated. General tab on RDP-tcp properties on the server. Kind regards, Freek Berson http://www.microsoftplatform.blogspot.com/
January 25th, 2011 5:41am

No I hadn't configured a SSL certificate. But I got the problem fixed. I'm going to have to eat my words on this one. The fix was on the client. I first updated the RDP client on my work XP machine. Got a different error message, something about credentials wrong. I googled that and found a post that suggested adding this to the rdp file: enablecredsspsupport:i:0 Did that and I could again remote into the 2008 server. I still think this all started on the server, maybe with a Windows update. Wouldn't be the first time. And I just remoted into my home computer (with LogMeIn) and tried this. I tried it first without changing anything (same problem). Then tried again by just updating the RPD file to add the Credssp line, and without updating the RDP client version, and it worked. So the real fix wasn't updating the client version, it was adding the line enablecredsspsupport:i:0 to the RDP file. It's still a mystery as to why XP machines all of the sudden couldn't remote into the 2008 server.
January 25th, 2011 9:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics