All management Server Resource pool Unavaibale Issue

Hi,

I am facing the all management server resource pool issue in my SCOM 2012 R2 environment from a long time but not able to resolve it.

I had 3 management servers in the All management servers resource pool from total 8 management servers. Occassionally, I get the All management server resource pool unavailable alerts, although I didn't get any alerts from the agents for failed to conect when it happens. But the availability report that is configured on health service watcher objects and with Monitoring unavailable parameter selected as downtime is affected whenever this issue occurs. I had not been able to find anything in the logs.

Also, if I restart the health service on any one of management server in the all management server resource pool, I got resource pool unavailable alerts.Please suggest how to take on this issue.

Regards,

DR

August 28th, 2015 7:45am

Hi

Note - Windows agents don't use resource pools. They leverage Management Servers directly just as in SCOM 2007.

For the issue you are seeing - does this explain it? 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rslaten/archive/2013/05/30/management-servers-turn-gray-when-they-are-removed-from-the-amsrp.aspx

Cheers

Graham

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 7:56am

Hi,

This is not an issue in my environment. I can remove any MGMT server from AMSRP and Management servers don't turn greyed out, the only issue is that whenever I get resource pool unavailable alerts availability report is impacted and also if I restart the health service on any one management server in the AMSRP, AMSRP unavailable alerts comes up . There is no issue with the accounts as well. Report deployment account is distributed over all management servers. 

August 28th, 2015 8:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics