Aircard and Server 2008?
Has anyone been able to their 3g Aircard working with Server 2008 x64(Longhorn)? I have WiFi working, after installing the service, but still cant get the PCMCIA Aircard to be detected. I was able to get it to work with Vista 64, but it wont install the device drivers in Server 2008. No device detected is listed when I try to use the SierraWireless application or ATT Communication Manager. The PCMCIA slot recognizes the device, but does not want to load the drivers. Even when I point to the drivers- C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Wireless Inc they try to install, but Server 2008 always encounters a problem. Any recommendations? Thanks!
February 11th, 2008 5:57am

Are the drivers both signed and for the x64-platform? If not you'll need new drivers from Sierra unfortunately.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2008 2:22pm

Did you ever get this working? I have an AirCard 875U (usb), which I as able to get working with Vista 32bit, but not Server08 32bit. I've been looking at their site, and it doesn't say anything about server 08 that I can find. I have an AT&T store nearby, I wonder if they have a newer device that is at least compatible if not outright supported by 08. Any ideas?
August 15th, 2008 4:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics