After power outage, Windows 2008 R2 stuck at green progress bar.
Hello. After power outage, Windows 2008 R2 stuck at green progress bar (bar keep moving) My computer is Dell T110 sever and I already checked hardwares with Dell technician. I tried 1. Startup repair with Windows R2 CD - system found no error. 2. All the options in Advanced startup options a. Repair your computer - when I run it, it stuck at green progress bar and the bar didn't move. b. Any Safe mode option - boot stops on storport.sys file c. Last Known Good Configuration - same thing happens as normal startup‎ Basically I can not run my windows. Is there any other option to try instead of reinstalling? Please help me out. Thank you
February 28th, 2011 11:06pm

Have you removed any hardware or some thing recently like HBA card or driveres ? or do you have any hba cards attached to any external sorage devices ? http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 1st, 2011 2:05am

No, I didn't remove anything and I don't have any external storage devices. It happens just after power outage. Thank you.
March 1st, 2011 11:36am

If there is any additional hardware on/in this server, remove it and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, wipe and reload. At some point it eats up more time trying to fix this then to do that. Especially if it is not up anyhow. If there is data to be recovered (There was a backup, right?), then you would need to slave in the drives (Not raid, right?) to try to recover data. Good Luck, James
March 1st, 2011 3:00pm

Thank you. Unfortunately, I don't have backup and it is raid. Today I tried to run Chkdsk from booting CD, and I couldn't see any hdd driver. I did some research and lots of people said chkdsk wouldn't work on raid 5 mode. I try to find other solution and let you know guys.
March 1st, 2011 10:39pm

Doing a google search, there seems to be some tools out there that "might" recover data off of the drive as a RAID system... You will, however, need to do some reading up on this to see if it is worth the time getting one of these tools: RAID Reconstructor - http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm - Seems they have a 30 trial specifically allowing you to see if this raid system is recoverable, further, they have a bootable CD ROM image solution so if the system is not bootable (as in your case, read towards the bottom). Diskternals - http://www.diskinternals.com/raid-recovery/ - Seems they have a bootable CD image with their tools as well. There are definately others out there. Will just take some time investigating. Good Luck... James
March 2nd, 2011 11:09am

I tried both of software and I didn't work. I did some research and I also tried bootrec commands but computer couldn't find physical HDD - there was no volumes. I don't know because of Raid mode or not. Anyway I fix it. I checked HDD and one of HDD (Raid 5) was gone. I know it supposed to boot anyway because two of them still good. Magic happens when I changed the bad one to new one. Still I have things to work but I am glad that I can boot my computer and see the windows. Thanks for all your support.
March 3rd, 2011 11:53am

My guess is, it is necessary to start into prompt mode, mount DVD and copy storport.sys from DVD.
March 3rd, 2011 3:49pm

Once this is copied then what? Extract it decompress it? If so where do I put it? Basically, I need more details please.
July 7th, 2011 9:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics