After joining 2003R2 Domain, Windows 7 and 2008R2 systems cannot install applications
We get this error message when attempting to install applications on any Windows 7 or 2008 R2 machine AFTER they are named and bound to the domain. "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application." We did not have this problem with the Beta or RC version, we first noticed it with the RTM build and subsequent final releases. I have a 2008 R2 test domain that I can join systems to, and applications install without that error. Somewhere in 2003 Active Directory there has to be some permission/ACL that is preventing applications from running. I have one OU that I can put Win7 or 2008 R2 machines in, and it works, but I cannot remember what I did that makes it work. Brand new out-of-the-box Windows 7 machines from Dell, fresh installs, it doesn't matter.
April 23rd, 2010 7:45pm

Hi, Please help to collect the following GPMC report for research, you may need disable Firewall on Windows 7: On DC, open GPMC, right-click Group Policy Result, choose Group Policy Result Wizard, follow the wizard to collect a report of the Windows 7 system. When it finish, right-click in the right-panel, choose Save Report, and upload the file to Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/). If you would like other community member to analyze the report, you can paste the link here, if not, you can send the link to tfwst@microsoft.com. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2010 9:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics