After adding a second local hard drive?
I just installed Server 2008 standard and then I added a second SATA drive. It shows up in Disk Management as Disk 1 (Logical Drive), but when I click on it, I get D:\is not accessible - Access is DeniedWhat is the problem, helpJD in KChttp://kcHamRadio.com Jerry - KC
June 9th, 2009 4:04pm

Hi PTS123,Do you have a chance to initilize the new-add Disk 1 and format it in the disk management console?Can you describe the error message in detail so that i can help you?If possible, you can caputure a screenshot when the error appears and post here.Thanks and Regards,ScorprioMCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 9th, 2009 4:58pm

Thanks for the response . . . but this drive has data on it, so I cannot format it now. I move drives around all the time and have no problems. This is the first time with Windows 2008, but I was hoping I just missed some setting to give me the rights to access it. I even went into Properties/Security to make sure I had the rights and being a Domain Admin, I did?As far as a screen shot it was just a box with a red "X" and it said what I put in the original thread? "Access is denied"If you don't know of anything that I may have missed, I'll just have to dump everything important off the drive and try Format/Intitilize, that you mentioned, thanksJD in KCJerry - KC
June 9th, 2009 5:23pm

Hi, According to the description, I don't think it's the problem with the hard drive. I think it's the permission problem. So I would like to confirm if the account you are using has the permission to perform the disk operating. You can perform the following suggestions to have a test: 1. Boot the computer into safe mode to test whether the same symptom occur. 2. Attach the hard disk to another computer to test whether the same symptom occur. You mentioned that "As far as a screen shot it was just a box with a red "X" and it said what I put in the original thread? "Access is denied"", I am not very clear about your description, did you mean you can't do a screen shot action? Or you can't save the screen shot to the disk? In addition, I want to confirm: 1. What's the type of your computer, desktop or laptop? 2. How did you install the second SATA drive? Connect it directly to the motherboard or through a USB cable? Best regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 10th, 2009 2:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics