Advice please....
I'm not sure this is the right forum to be posting this or not, but it applies to the installation and setup for the project I am working on, so let me know if I need to post to a different forum. The second question of this post is the one I am primarily concerned with. I am currently in the process of setting up two identical 2008 terminal servers in our corporate network. One will be the primary server where up to 60 users (currently 20) will use Wyse S10 thin clients to be provided with a remote desktop experience. The other server is simply a mirrored backup in case of primary server failure. I have set up failover clustering, DFS replication, and Terminal services on both machines. I have installed an identical set of application for users to use as well. Both machines are IBM system x3650 with 32gb ram and 6 1TB drives (configured as 1 raid 0 1tb system drive and 1 raid 5 4tb storage drive). I plan to publish a few apps with tsremote app and ts web access to a hand full of people as well. My question is two fold: 1) is the set up (failover clustering, DFSR, and TS) right for the application, and 2) I would like to have users profiles, documents, etc. default to the 4tb storage drive and was wondering if there was an easy way to change the default location aside from a GPO (I don't have the rights) or moving them individually as they are created? These servers are not in production yet so I can change or reconfigure if needed and any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
January 2nd, 2009 10:04pm

hi there,you are running wyse s10 thin clients, so thin client concept is pretty different from normal windows xp professional or windows 2003 .my question , why do u want to do this ?, which mean why do you want to change the default location of user proifles, documents and settings etc to external storage ? sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 3rd, 2009 7:48am

The users that are supported by this setup save alot of files, some large. I would just like to utilize the larger storage area and keep their ____ of the system drive :-)
January 4th, 2009 5:23am

Hi Thereyou can change the user profiles location , please check this registry key for doing the sameuser profiles are saved under this registry location , so test on one of the thin client by changing the location.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList->ProfilesDirectory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\S-1-5-21-BIG_ID-1008->ProfileImagePathlet me know if this helped sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2009 8:51pm

Sainath,Worked out perfectly for what I was trying to accomplish. I appreciate the help!Thanks Again
January 7th, 2009 5:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics