Adprep
I don't have a 64 bit install disk for the source files for server 2008r2. I did my install from an auto run.exe when I downloaded it from the Academic download site.Can I just copy the source files to a dvd and then run adprep, or do I need an install disk? I have the 64bit ver installed and the disk that I have is 32bit.
June 30th, 2011 1:49pm

You can just copy adprep folder to removable media or accross network, and run adprep from that copied folderWith kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectenvision.com Follow me on twitter My Blog
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 30th, 2011 7:56pm

Hello, please elaborate "I have the 64bit ver installed and the disk that I have is 32bit." Please post the output from: "dsquery * cn=schema,cn=configuration,dc=domainname,dc=local -scope base -attr objectVersion" without the quotes in a command prompt. If 47 is the output the domain is already prepared and as you are using Windows server 2008 R2 it should be the shown result. Windows server 2008 R2 is ONLY available as 64bit version, so if you have a 32bit disk it can't be the R2 version. Otherwise follow the mentioned way with using the complete adprep folder.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 3rd, 2011 4:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics