Adobe Acrobat Reader Install Problems
Hello, I am trying to install the Adobe Acrobat Reader on my new 2008 Server box that I will be using as a Terminal Server. I assume since Windows 2008 is 64-bit it seems to be failing on the installation. Adobe's website recognizes it as a Vista box (in fact I keep seeing this in many installs) however it fails at the end of the installation point. We have Adobe Acrobat Reader running on Win2003 64-bit servers but I had a similiar problem there. Unfortunately, I don't know what exactly I did to get it corrected. Adobe's website it usless for support (at last on this matter) so I a back to good old reliable Windows Forum's in hopes that someone can direct me in the correct solution to for v8.x installation of Adobe Reader. Thank you! Chris
April 20th, 2008 6:43pm

Hello, This issue might be caused by compatibility issues of the Adobe Acrobat Reader you downloaded with Windows Server 2008 OS. I have done some research and it seems there is no version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available for Windows Server 2008 OS: See: Download new and previous versions of Adobe Reader Therefore, I recommend you connect to Adobe support to verify whether the version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for other Windows OS could be correctly installed in Windows Server 2008 OS or whether they have an updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for Windows Server 2008 OS. You could contact Adobe Support and Customer Service from the following web site: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/ I hope this helps. Regards, Neo Zhu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2008 1:18pm

Hi, I know that the v8.x will install on 2003 64-bit but it was done not by using the download method rather an image from disk. I just cannot find a v8.x image to try. I also noticed that 2008 was not listed; I have posted questions to Adobe's forums without any luck either. Since it's free Reader you cannot get support except for the 'Forums' it appears. I will call Adobe later today to see what I learn. Thanks for your help. Chris
April 21st, 2008 3:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics