Administrator profile problems
Dear All,I have a strange problem.When I logon as domain administrator on any of three windows 2008 Terminal servers I get the next error:"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"When I logon with another user (new or existing) there is no problem.To temporarily solve this problem I delete the profile (local on server and on profile share) delete the registry entry from profilelist and reboot the server!I can then logon on once (when I log off and try to logon again results in previous mentioned error). At the moment when I am logged on I see a strange setting:USERPROFILE=C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofileWhen I logon with another account I see USERPROFILE being set to C:\UsersAny help would be greatly appreciated.Kind regardsBas van Straaten
October 30th, 2009 1:41pm

Hi Bas, Do you use profile redirection for Administrator? When did this problem start, after what manipulations? Is there anything related to this problem in the Event Viewer?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 30th, 2009 1:58pm

Hello Kudrat,I don't use profile redirection other than a roaming profile. I cannot recall this problem starting after a certain action.Event id 1500 is in the application event log. "the system cannot find the file specified"Kind regards
October 30th, 2009 5:20pm

Hi Bas, Where is Administrator's profile redirected? Could you please show the exact profile path for Administrator? Do you use any varibales in the profile path? What Antivirus are you using? Did you do any changes to your antivirus recently? Did you make any changes in the Group Policy recently regarding the logon process, maybe something like permission to log on as a batch job or something similar?
October 30th, 2009 5:27pm

Hi Bas,According to the KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215information, probably Windows will try to load the profile by using the ProfileImagePath that points to a nonexistent path. Therefore, the profile cannot be loaded.Please verify whether the user profile folder for the problematic user "c:\users\(DomainAdmin)" is created properly. If the profile is not there, pleasecopy a good user profile from another computer to the path and ensure the user has full control permission on it.If the profile is there, pleaselcocate and then expand the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileListClick the problematic Domain account SID Key, change its ProfileImangePath value to "c:\users\(DomainAdmin)"Then login your domain admin account again. Best Regards,Wilson Jia This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
November 2nd, 2009 6:19am

Hi Bas, Please do follow wilson suggestion , and provide us the path which is embedded into the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
November 3rd, 2009 8:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics