Administrator on Server1 needs security to grab files from Server2
I have a program on Server1 that needs to grab files from Server2's network share called "Output34$". I don't want to use the "Everyone" account because it creates a big security hole. I'm assuming that Server1 will be using the "Administrator" user name to grab the files Server2 since there are no program options to use a different account. Also, both servers are in Active Directory and in the same container, if that matters.How do I giveServer1 security access tograb the files from Server2's network share?
March 16th, 2009 11:43pm

Hi,No, Server1 will not be using "Administrator" to grab the files on Server2, by default. You can assign the requisite share and NTFS permissions to the computer account of Server1 on the file share where the files are located in Server2.Regards,Salvador Manaois IIIMCITP | Enterprise & Server AdminMCSE MCSA MCTS CIWA C|EHBytes & Badz: http://badzmanaois.blogspot.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 17th, 2009 6:10am

Hi Salvador, You mentioned that I can assign the share and permissions to the computer account of Server1 on the Server2 network share. What computer account of Server1 will I use when assigning permissions?
March 18th, 2009 7:27pm

Hi,Lets assume the Domain account that you logon Server1 to run the program is A. please try the steps below on Server2.1. Right-click network share "Output34$", choose Properties.2. Switch to Share Tab, give Everyone Full Control permission. The Final permission is controlled by Share permission and NTFS permission together, Full Control here is safe. 3. Switch to Security tab, click Edit button(Or add button), click Add to add Domain account A to the list. Give A proper rights.Thanks This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 19th, 2009 8:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics