Admin server process dead

In admin node, the admin server process is being dead. i tried nctrl command to get it running, but didnt work.

it would be helpful if someone says how to get it running??

April 19th, 2013 11:14am

Could you investigate if you have any errors in %FASTSEARCH%\var\log\adminserver\adminserver.log

Also, what version of ESP and patches do you have installed?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2013 5:20pm

Hello,

Can you please confirm the following:

1. Was there a Java update on the server

2. What all other processes are reporting to be dead.

3. Please provide us the exact error message ( you can refer the adminserver logs and the scrap file too )

April 23rd, 2013 2:07am

I found Adminserver folder in /esp/ path missing.

Error showed in all.log file is:

nodecontroller@nj09mhf5358:16015: systemmsg: Error starting process adminserver: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'esp/adminserver/bin/catalina.sh

if we install any SP, is there possible that admin server folder appear in /esp/ path?

June 25th, 2013 9:46am

If you have another working environment (same version) you can copy the 'adminserver' folder and see if this helps.
If you do not have a working environment, it wont hurt to try applying the SP, but I doubt if this will work.

July 2nd, 2013 5:23pm

Did applying the service pack help, or were you able to copy the 'adminserver' folder form a working environment?
July 22nd, 2013 12:54pm

Hi,

I see that your nodename in the log message that you sent is the showing the hostname as the shortname: nj09mhf5358.   Can you let us know if the environment has a proper Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)?  FQDN is a product requirement, as outlined in the ESP Installation Guide:
The hosts must have fully qualified domain names (FQDN), meaning that all hosts must have a domain and a static IP address. In addition, the fully qualified domain name must be the primary name of the host (it should not be listed as an alias). Ensure that the network configuration and Domain Name Service (DNS) is set up properly, before you start installing ESP. DNS is set up correctly when all hostnames resolve to the correct IP address, and all IPs resolve to the correct FQDN host names.

Can you perform a forward (i.e.: nslookup server.domain.com) and reverse ( i.e.: nslookup IP_address) nslookup to the hostname, and confirm that it resolves properly?  Also, based on your recent post, I assume that your environment is Linux.  If so, does $fastsearch point to the right location?  Is your ESP folder installed at the root of the file volume, and does the adminserver folder exist below the esp folder?

Can you also check what version of Java that you are running, and is it the 32 bit version? The commands which java and java version should help to find out where your Java is installed, and then to determine the version.  I have seen issues with versions above 1.6_28 that affect multiple areas of ESP.  Let us know your findings.

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service   & Support                            Microsoft| Services

September 24th, 2013 9:43am

Hi,

I see that your nodename in the log message that you sent is the showing the hostname as the shortname: nj09mhf5358.   Can you let us know if the environment has a proper Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)?  FQDN is a product requirement, as outlined in the ESP Installation Guide:
The hosts must have fully qualified domain names (FQDN), meaning that all hosts must have a domain and a static IP address. In addition, the fully qualified domain name must be the primary name of the host (it should not be listed as an alias). Ensure that the network configuration and Domain Name Service (DNS) is set up properly, before you start installing ESP. DNS is set up correctly when all hostnames resolve to the correct IP address, and all IPs resolve to the correct FQDN host names.

Can you perform a forward (i.e.: nslookup server.domain.com) and reverse ( i.e.: nslookup IP_address) nslookup to the hostname, and confirm that it resolves properly?  Also, based on your recent post, I assume that your environment is Linux.  If so, does $fastsearch point to the right location?  Is your ESP folder installed at the root of the file volume, and does the adminserver folder exist below the esp folder?

Can you also check what version of Java that you are running, and is it the 32 bit version? The commands which java and java version should help to find out where your Java is installed, and then to determine the version.  I have seen issues with versions above 1.6_28 that affect multiple areas of ESP.  Let us know your findings.

Thanks!

September 24th, 2013 4:40pm

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!

Checked the log and found adminserver folder missing in esp path.

After copying the adminserver folder, the adminserver process started and running.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Much Thanks!!

RBJ

February 13th, 2014 7:19am

Checked the log and found adminserver folder missing in esp path.

After copying the adminserver folder, the adminserver process started and running.

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Much Thanks!!

RBJ
February 13th, 2014 7:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics