Adding the Status field to the 'Work Items Assigned to me' view

I wish to add the field 'Status' to the 'Work Items Assigned to me' view but when using the Edit View option only a limited number of fields

are offered for change , not Status - can this be done?

April 17th, 2012 2:23pm

If your view is targetted at the "work item" class, then no. The "Work Item" class does not have a status field. Each class that inherits from "work item" (like change request, service request, etc) all have their own unique "Status" fields.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 17th, 2012 2:34pm

If your view is targetted at the "work item" class, then no. The "Work Item" class does not have a status field. Each class that inherits from "work item" (like change request, service request, etc) all have their own unique "Status" fields.

Not a view, but if a custom console task that displays all "my workitems" is of use, please try this:
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/MP-to-add-task-that-53
April 17th, 2012 7:21pm

doh! my apologies, Rob, I completely forgot about your workitems task or I'd have recommended it!
April 18th, 2012 12:36pm

Aaron, I'm hurt, you helped me get this working properly :P

Actually, I just updated it, it now includes [mygroups] for the the various work item criteria.

April 18th, 2012 7:48pm

Hi

Can you assist me in installing this on SCSM 2010 - I dont know a lot about the back end technical aspect of the applciation

but we badly need a screen of all work items for each analyst with the current status.

Thank you

Myrzo

April 19th, 2012 8:45am

Hello,

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but you can install or import it via the management packs under the Administration tab in the console.

You can then assign it to specific or all users by ticking the corresponding box in the User Roles group. Again, in the Administration tab. Hope this helps.

Regards,

John

April 19th, 2012 12:21pm

Hello,

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but you can install or import it via the management packs under the Administration tab in the console.

You can then assign it to specific or all users by ticking the corresponding box in the User Roles group. Again, in the Administration tab. Hope this helps.

Regards,

John

Hello,

Regards,

John

Hello,

Regards,

John

Myrzo, John is absolutely correct.
April 19th, 2012 6:47pm

This would be great but link is dead.
April 2nd, 2013 1:56pm

Hi Herb, apologies, but that solution is no longer available. As an alternative, please try this:
http://www.cireson.com/app-store/scsm-my-work-items/
April 2nd, 2013 7:52pm

That's $3000.00  ouch
April 2nd, 2013 8:52pm

I know this is an old thread, but the link to the gallery shows that this item is not published.  Was this pulled for some reason?
April 1st, 2015 2:45pm

Yes, because they decided to sell it.  Use Advanced View Editor Pro, $300
April 16th, 2015 10:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics