Adding new users in to the SSRS reports throwing the error

Hello,

I restored the DB from existing working SSRS report DB to new server, In that its not listing user details after restoring.

But the user details are available in tables.

So i have try to add the new user in to that. After new user login  getting the below error message.

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help

Please help me to resolve.

Thanks,

Priya.

June 25th, 2015 2:23am

Did you restore the encryption key from the old server as well?  Are you using domain security? If so, are the two servers on the same domain?

Can you describe more what you mean by not listing user details?  like when you go to folder security you are see SIDs (GUIDs) or something?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 11:44am

Hi Priya,

As JJordheim mentioned, it would be better for us to analysis the issue if you could clarify the issue more clearly.

In Reporting Services, if we want to grant a user permission to access reports, we should grant system-level role and item-level role. Please refer to this article: Granting Permissions on a Native Mode Report Server.

In your scenario, as the error message stated, please check the Reporting Service error log (default location: %programfiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\<SQL Server Instance>\Reporting Services\LogFiles) around the time that the error message thrown out. Please post the detail error log for our analysis if possible.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

June 26th, 2015 2:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics