Adding new performance widget with performance counter fails with error never seen before

Dear all

In SCOM Console "My Workspace" I have 6 Dashboards with various performance/state/SLA counters. Since a few weeks a cannot add any widgets to any (newly created or existing)

Example: I try to add the predefined counter "% Processor Time" from the performance object "Processor Information". I receive following error:

The new dashboard and widget wizard failed to create the new visualization.
Failed to create the template instance: An error occurred executing the command:
(Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders!ComponentDataProvider/
UpdateInfoBIocks) in provider:
(Microsoft. EnterpriseManagement. Monitoring. DataProviders.ComponentStorage.ComponentDataProvid
err MicrosoftEnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral
PublicKeyToken=31bE856ad364e35). Limit for user setting length is exceeded.
at MicrosoftEnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess. DataProviderCommandMethod.Invoke
(CoreDataGateway gateWay, DataCommand command)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.ExecuteNonQueryInternal
(DataCommand command)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.<ExecuteNonQueryAsync>
b_4(<>f_AnonymousType0'1 data)

June 25th, 2015 4:22am

Hello PRND,

please try to reload the console using the clearcache parameter.

like so: edit the shortcut to SCOM Console to be as follows:

"C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2012\Console\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe" /clearcache

Please find more info here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212884.aspx

Let me know if it helped.

Thanks.

Eduardo Mendes

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 4:34am

Dear Eduardo

Thanks a lot for your input. Unfortunately this does not solve my issue. I also deleted the local windows user profile of the domain user. I just found out that it works with other users. Unfortunately this "Monitoring" user is used for multiple monitoring systems to show actual states on our monitoring screen infrastructure. Deleting and recreate is not really an option - till now....

Two extracts of the error message are:

• MicrosoftEnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.DataProviders
  • Limit for user setting length is exceeded

Any other inputs are most welcome.

Thank you!

June 25th, 2015 6:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics