Adding lines across a graph to indicate acceptable limits.

I've successfully created a column bar graph that shows the availability (0-100%) for a given site for each month YTD. I would like to have fixed lines added to the graph across all the columns at the 99.0 and 99.99% marks to show where we've reached and surpassed these key service levels.

I can't seem to find any examples on how to do this. The line drawing tool doesn't always line up with the graph correctly when it's displayed so I was looking for a data point at those levels.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your help!

Nicholas Willi

Nordson Corporation

April 24th, 2015 12:08pm

Hi Nick,

Could you please show a example of the report?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2015 2:13pm

Hi Nick,

According to your description, you want to add a standard line in chart so that the chart could display if the data achieve the target or not. Right?

In SQL Server Reporting Service, we could achieve this goal by using a calculated field as target in dataset and use it in chart for split line. We have tested this scenario on our environment. Please refer to steps below:

1. Right-click the dataset  in the Report Data window, and then select Add Calculated Fields.
  2. Click Add button to  add a calculated field(Named SplitLine). Specify a value as target in the expression like:=CInt(20000).
  3. Create a chart and add the SplitLine field to Y-Axis in your chart.
  4. Right-click the SplitLine field and change the chart type for this series to a Line chart. You could set some properties in the Property window.
  5. You could also change the columns colors based on achieving the target or not. Right-click on any column, go to Fill tab in Series Properties, and use the following expression: 
    =IIF(Fields!SalesAmount.Value>20000,"LimeGreen","Brown").     
    The result is like below:

Reference:
highlight a bar depending on threshold

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Shrek Li
April 27th, 2015 7:45am

Hello, Shrek:

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate the help.

Best regards, Nick

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 2:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics