Adding feature net.frame 3.5
I am using a VPS account on a Window 2008 Std. Ed. 32 bit server. With Server Manager => Features I was able to add net.frame 3.0 feature. However, I need Net.frame 3.5. I was able to install net.frame 3.5, as in Control Panel => Program and Features, I see Net.Frame 3.5 was listed. However, I have not found a way to add this Net.Frame 3.5 to the feature list. I tried selecting Net.Frame 3.5 in the Program and Feature list, and then click the command on the left hand side of the window, Turn Window Features On and Off. The Server Management => Features window opens, but Net.Framee 3.5 was not there. Would appreciate help to add this Net.Frame 3.5 feature to the Feature List. Thanks. David_Castle
August 26th, 2012 9:48pm

Maybe this one helps. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y549e41e.aspx Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2012 9:56pm

Hi David, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 will not show up in the Server Manager Add/Remove Feature list in Server 2008 (non R2), this is normal. If it is installed it will appear in Control Panel -- Programs and Features list. -TP
August 26th, 2012 10:29pm

Hi David, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 will not show up in the Server Manager Add/Remove Feature list in Server 2008 (non R2), this is normal. If it is installed it will appear in Control Panel -- Programs and Features list. -TP
August 26th, 2012 10:37pm

Hi, Agree with TP. By the way, the following post discussed a similar issue, you can refer to: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/cf1c59a7-c9f9-483d-9ad6-79ddd1aa09c5
August 27th, 2012 1:59am

Hi, Agree with TP. By the way, the following post discussed a similar issue, you can refer to: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winservergen/thread/cf1c59a7-c9f9-483d-9ad6-79ddd1aa09c5
August 27th, 2012 2:01am

Thanks TP. As I mentioned in my post, I did see Net.Frame 3.5 in Control Panel => Program and Features. In addition, I pasted "javascript:alert(navigator.userAgent)" to the IE address field, and the Message from the Web page also indicates that Net Clr 3.5 was installed. I guess it is a quirk of Win 2008 server, that you can not see Net.frame versions other than ver. 3.0 in the Server Manager => Features field.
August 28th, 2012 5:46pm

It's the only version included as part of OS for adding in as an operating system Feature. Other's are the standard Control Panel|Add/Remove method. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
August 28th, 2012 10:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics