Adding a new user from another domain causes the name to change into a SID
Hello,we have created a Interforest two-way external trust between a Windows 2000 & Windows 2008 R2 ForestWhen I validate the trusts it says that the trust is active and in place (both domains)It's a domain wide authentication and I see the domain in the other domain, also I can add users from one domain to the other.As soon as I add a user from the other domain and click on "Apply" the user name changes into a SID nameWe also get an error message when we try to add a new user to our SQL database. It gives us the following message:Error 15401: Windows NT user or group '%s' not found. Check the name againI have followed the KB:324321 with no resultIt looks like a Trust issue but we cannot find it how to solve this strange behaviour
October 17th, 2009 8:44pm

HIPlease review this KB Articel http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324321/en-ushttp://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/06/07/sql-server-fix-error-error-15401-windows-nt-user-or-group-username-not-found-check-the-name-again/I hope this help!Thanks...Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 17th, 2009 11:16pm

Unfortunately it doesn'tI already read those articles without any luck
October 18th, 2009 11:08am

Hi, These problems may be caused by the following policy which was disabled on Windows 2008 system: Network Access: Allow anonymous SID/Name translation Create GPO for all both forest and navigate to: [Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options] Find above policy and enable it. Try to restart DCs and test. If the issue persists, please help to collect the following information for research: 1. Does this error occur on all accounts of both forests? 2. Create new accounts in both forests and test. 3. Try to configure the following policy and test. Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts DISABLED Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts and shares DISABLED Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users ENABLED Network access: Named pipes can be accessed anonymously ENABLED Network access: Restrict anonymous access to Named Pipes and shares DISABLED Thanks. Mervyn TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 19th, 2009 9:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics