Adding a new SR activity from SCORCH causes the SR to no longer move to the next activity.

I have an SR with 3 activities. If I add a manual activity in the middle of these from SCORCH, this activity will not go in progress. If i manually update this activity to in-progress in scorch after creating it, then closing it will not put the following activities in progress. 

Basically, if i add a manual activity to the SR, it freezes in SCSM. How do i make it continue on? 

May 20th, 2015 4:05pm

Here are two options:

Option 1: You have to set the activity's SequenceId as well as the SequenceId of any activity's that follow it. SequenceIds start at 0.

Activity workflows are controlled by the SequenceId. So if you have 3 activities and you put an activity in the 2nd spot, you'll have to set the new activity's SequenceId to 1 and update the 3rd and 4th activity's SequenceId to 2 and 3 respectively.

Option 2: Leave the manual activity in your template at all times and use Scorch to skip or unskip the activity. That way you won't have to mess with SequenceIds at all.

In my experience, leaving "optional" activities in the template then controlling the flow by skipping/unskipping activities is far less of a hassle and easier to maintain.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2015 4:37pm

Here are two options:

Option 1: You have to set the activity's SequenceId as well as the SequenceId of any activity's that follow it. SequenceIds start at 0.

Activity workflows are controlled by the SequenceId. So if you have 3 activities and you put an activity in the 2nd spot, you'll have to set the new activity's SequenceId to 1 and update the 3rd and 4th activity's SequenceId to 2 and 3 respectively.

Option 2: Leave the manual activity in your template at all times and use Scorch to skip or unskip the activity. That way you won't have to mess with SequenceIds at all.

In my experience, leaving "optional" activities in the template then controlling the flow by skipping/unskipping activities is far less of a hassle and easier to maintain.

OMG, unskipping the activity will work like a champion. My brain is so fried today, i never even considered that. 
May 20th, 2015 4:44pm

Here are two options:

May 20th, 2015 8:33pm

Here are two options:

May 20th, 2015 8:33pm

For reference, the default workflows for activity advancement choke and die if there are duplicate sequence IDs or sequence IDs that are not continuous. if you are applying a template or inserting activities, you need to take care to set the SequenceID of each child activity so there in continuous order. 

I've filed this as a bug, but it doesn't appear to be getting any traction. 

May 21st, 2015 12:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics