Adding Runbook Automation to IR Crashes console

I am trying to create an IR template and adding a runbook automation template to the activites of the IR template but every time i select a runbook automation activity my console blows up with the error below.

Date: 6/3/2013 5:39:26 PM
Application: Service Manager
Application Version: 7.5.2905.0
Severity: Error
Message: An error was encountered while running the Service Manager Console. The console will now close. 

June 4th, 2013 1:46am

this looks to be the corresponding error in the Opsmgr(SM) event log

Event ID 34502

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Incident.Forms.CommonUtilities.AddActivity(IDataItem incident, ListView activitiesListView, FrameworkElement form, Boolean isTemplateMode)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.Incident.Forms.IncidentFormControl.AddActivity(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.TranslateAndDispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.Show()
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WindowManager.GenericWpfWindowConstructor.BeginShow(ShowViewContext showViewContext, Object parent, Object view, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.ViewConstructor.BeginShow(ShowViewContext showViewContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ConsoleFramework.WindowManager.WpfWindowRecord.ShowWindow()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 4th, 2013 1:53am

Hi,

Have you found a solution to this problem ? 
I'm having the exact same problem but can't fix it.

Thank you in advance.

July 1st, 2013 6:17pm

I know that it was caused by creating a form customization in SCSM 2010 and the type projections only contained Manual activity. Support and I have removed that type projection form the the MP but now get other errors and can't seal the MP to import back in to SCSM is the current status.
July 1st, 2013 6:25pm

What sense to add runbook activity to incident? It will never runs...
July 2nd, 2013 2:30am

Thank you for the answer.

Well I wanted to add a runbook activity for the following reason : I've been asked to implement a form with several fields with SCSM. It's an incident request offering. So for example we have the fields "First Name", "Last Name", "Description", ... and many others. Then if I want all answers from the form to appear in the incident request, I have to map prompts to the IR fields. But there are not enough fields in the IR to receive the form results. Do you see what I mean ?

By using a runbook I wanted to take all the answers and make a good description out of it ... If you have a better and working way of doing that, I'd be super glad to hear/read it !!

Thanks.

July 2nd, 2013 2:36pm

I am not sure how your Runbook activity will fire while creating an Incident. Also i dont think it is Orchestrator's  job to combine User Inputs and populate Description field.

Alternatively, You can create a workflow and subscribe to the New Incident. In there, you can grab the User Prompts and update the Description field.

July 2nd, 2013 5:27pm

In my case I have an issue that can easily be fixed with a powershell script for the user so it make sense to log the ticket as an incident and run the powershell from a runbook and if the runbook completes close the ticket.
July 2nd, 2013 5:33pm

Thank you for the answer.

Well I wanted to add a runbook activity for the following reason : I've been asked to implement a form with several fields with SCSM. It's an incident request offering. So for example we have the fields "First Name", "Last Name", "Description", ... and many others. Then if I want all answers from the form to appear in the incident request, I have to map prompts to the IR fields. But there are not enough fields in the IR to receive the form results. Do you see what I mean ?

By using a runbook I wanted to take all the answers and make a good description out of it ... If you have a better and working way of doing that, I'd be super glad to hear/read it !!

Thanks.

The good idea is to create some "dummy" fields (Text1, Text2, TextN, Date1, Date2, DateN and so on) and map request offering quest
July 2nd, 2013 6:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics