Adding Oracle Data Source in SSIS - The given path's format is not support

Hi,

I am trying to create new data source. I already tried these data sources

Oracle Provider for OLE DB

Oracle Client Data Provider

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle.

After configuring when i test the connection, it tells connection succeeded but if i click on then giving the error "The given path is not support".

What should i do? Please help me in  this regard.

Thanks in advance

Dani

November 21st, 2011 11:31am

Hi danimian,

Please refer to the following related links:

http://www.bidn.com/blogs/MMilligan/bidn-blog/1878/ssis-and-oracle-connections
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlperf/archive/2009/08/14/using-ssis-to-get-data-out-of-oracle-a-big-surprise.aspx

And if the issue still persis, please supply more information about the issue, such as steps you have taken and configured and so on.

Thanks,
Eileen
  • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:51 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2011 7:55am

Hi Eileen,

I would like to re-visit this issue because the links you have provided point at Microsoft Connector Version 2.0 for Oracle by Attunity. What danimian referred to was using the standard .Net OracleClient Data Provider.

I have the same issue as him using Visual Studio 2010 Shell SP1Rel and trying to work on an SSIS package that connects to an Oracle database.

That is how to re-produce the issue.  Note that the PORT used is different from the default ORACLE instance port (1521/1526).  I'm using 2500 for my example.

Any suggestions here?  Because to overcome this, we create a new task "Set Variables" and dynamically hack the connection string to include the port, username and password for the connection in order for the SSIS package to execute correctly.

January 29th, 2015 12:28am

Hi Eileen,

I would like to re-visit this issue because the links you have provided point at Microsoft Connector Version 2.0 for Oracle by Attunity. What danimian referred to was using the standard .Net OracleClient Data Provider.

I have the same issue as him using Visual Studio 2010 Shell SP1Rel and trying to work on an SSIS package that connects to an Oracle database.

That is how to re-produce the issue.  Note that the PORT used is different from the default ORACLE instance port (1521/1526).  I'm using 2500 for my example.

Any suggestions here?  Because to overcome this, we create a new task "Set Variables" and dynamically hack the connection string to include the port, username and password for the connection in order for the SSIS package to execute correctly.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 9th, 2015 2:52pm

I encountered the same issue trying to connect oracle db using OLEDB. Here is the solution for those hasn't figured it out yet or this might be easy alternative for already figured out the different solution. This forum won't let me add screenshots until my account is verified. will add screenshots when I am allowed.

1 - Error trying to save the connection because the Server name has ":" before port#.

2 - Remove the ":" from Server name. And Click Ok. This will save the connection.

3 - Go to the property of saved connection.

4 - Now add ":" before port#. Bingo connection starts working.

Hope this will save your time. I wasted lots of hours trying different solutions.

August 11th, 2015 3:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics