Adding Hosts OK but with Virtual Switch Extension error

Hi all,

We have a 4-nodes Hyper-V 3 cluster configured and SCVMM 2012 SP1 newly installed.

We added the cluster in SCVMM. Agent deployment looks ok but with have a failure for each hosts.

At step 1.6 Install Virtual Switch Extensions:

Error (2912)
An internal error has occurred trying to contact the <HOST FQDN> server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
WinRM: URL: [http://<HOST FQDN>:5985], Verb: [INVOKE], Method: [GetError], Resource: [http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/microsoft/bits/BitsClientJob?JobId={A7823E3D-5AF8-4B39-8C5E-7103CA9AD3A5}]
Unknown error (0x80072f06)
Recommended Action
Check that WS-Management service is installed and running on server <HOST FQDN>. For more information use the command "winrm helpmsg hresult". If <HOST FQDN> is a host/library/update server or a PXE server role then ensure that VMM agent is installed and running.

All our deployment went ok except this little error we don't understand.

WinRM's configuration is fine and we didn't configure anything about virtual switch extension in VMM.

Any Idea ?

Regards.

April 17th, 2013 4:12pm

We added a second Hyper-v 3 cluster with 6 nodes and observed exactly the same behaviour. All went well except this extensions error...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2013 9:38am

Any luck i am facing same issue. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Zeeshan butt

April 21st, 2013 2:45pm

HI Frabncois,

I had the same issue but that was only when I used the GUI wizard, I was able to add a cluster node though the cluster manager CMDlets. After you add the configuration you must update VMM host-group. Unfortunately this is not the permanent solution that I would expect but Microsoft is investigating this issue and they wrote to me that it is a common issue.

Regards

April 22nd, 2013 7:40pm

ok thank you , feel free to bring updates whenever you have.

April 29th, 2013 1:38pm

Hi Guys,

Any updates??

I experiance this issue in SCVMM 2012 R2.

Thx

November 12th, 2013 10:56am

Hi Guy's,

Not sure if it's too late to help.

I just had the same issue.  It turns out that on my SCVMM 2012 R2 server port 443 was already being used by app controller, so I changed the port to 8500 (unused port) in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings

BITSTcpPort"=dword:8500

Hope this helps.

Ben

September 3rd, 2015 6:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics