Add a Public Certificate To Azure For a Web Site

I have a WebAPI Web Site that is validating a token signed by my signing certificate in Azure.  I deployed the public certificate to my trusted store and was able to authenticate to that service when running locally.  When I publish the service as a Web Site, I'm unable to authenticate because the certificate isn't trusted.  Here's the error I receive:
The X.509 certificate CN=mydomain.accesscontrol.windows.net is not in the trusted people store. The X.509 certificate CN=mydomain.accesscontrol.windows.net chain building failed. The certificate that was used has a trust chain that cannot be verified. Replace the certificate or change the certificateValidationMode. A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.

I've searched the forums and there are some old posts that seem to indicate that it is not possible to upload non-SSL certificates for Azure Web Sites.  Is this still the case or is there another way to make the public certificate available to my Azure Web Site?

July 18th, 2013 10:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics