Add/Remove programs icon missing in Control Panel Windows 2003
Hi I have Windows 2003 Server with SP2 and we noticed Add/remove programs missing. I went to C:\Windows\system32 and file is there appwiz.cpl. then I tried regsvr32 appwiz.cpl and got following error: LoadLibrary(appwiz.cpl failed- The specified module cannot be found. I tried msconfig utility to try to replace it with original version from CD but i cannot find that file on the installation CD. Anyone has idea how to fix add remove programsDalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 9:14am

you will have to expand the appwiz.cp_ file from the I386 directory from windows 2003 CD. At the command prompt, type: Expand filename.**_ C:\Destination. Example: Expand appwiz.cp_ C:\Windows\System32http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2011 9:27am

how do u mean expand can u give me whole syntax. Installation drive is E: so what do i put in command line i found the file on the installation file but can u give me correct syntax I found that file under E:I386 and file name is APPWIZ.CP_ and original file is C:\Windows\system\32\appwiz.cpl do you mean I have to go to E drive and then type Expand appwiz.cp_ C:\Windows\System32 do i have to do anything else after expand Dalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 9:44am

expand X:\i386\APPWIZ.CP_ c:\windows\inf\APPWIZ.CPl Where X is ur cdromhttp://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
June 27th, 2011 10:29am

yes i have done that but i used msconfig tool to do the expand and renamed file to appwiz.cpl anything else to do when i try to do regsvr32 appwiz.cpl it says specified module cannot be found Dalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 10:38am

start .. run and typ appwiz.cpl and see what happens ?http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
June 27th, 2011 10:48am

just did it nothing happens it doesnt open itDalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 10:53am

You may still need to re-register it? regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\appwiz.cpl
June 27th, 2011 11:04am

yes i tried to register it but it says it failed The specified module could not be foundDalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 11:27am

is there any article from Microsoft that explains this behaviour. On forums i am getting some answers but they dont have too much to do with actual problem looks like just like child play. If any article from Microsoft exists then it would be easier rather than getting same answers all the timeDalibor Bosic
June 27th, 2011 12:06pm

Hi Dalibor, Thank you for your post. Please run system file checker tool to scan & fix your system file following these steps: 1. Insert your Windows 2003 CD into the CD-ROM 2. Run command "SFC /Scannow" , there is a space between "SFC" and "/Scannow" If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Regards, Rick Tan
June 28th, 2011 9:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics