Add/Remove Programs will not populate Windows Server 2003 SP2
After launching Add/Remove programs it does not display installed programs. I have left it running for over an hour and all it states is " Please wait while list is being populated"
August 3rd, 2010 4:31pm

Hi DougML, Does the problem persist after you rebooting the computer? You can try to perform a clean boot and see whether it works. Please follow the steps below to perform a clean boot. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. 1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue. 2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup. 3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. 4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All. 5. Click OK. 6. When you are prompted, click Restart. Please also disable the anti-virus software in case of any failures. After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual: a. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue. b. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK. c. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart. Regards, Karen JiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 4th, 2010 5:32am

Hi Vincent, i am also facing the same problem. tried above steps but no solution. Kindly tell me how can i diagnoise this issue. i have tried to run regsvr32 appwiz.cpl also but no change. Dhiraj
October 19th, 2010 5:17am

Hi, Can anybody point me in the right direction to diagnoise this issue. Dhiraj
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 15th, 2010 7:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics