Adapter between MBCS code and dependent Unicode library
Hello, This is a concept question. I have a large C++ program that uses MBCS character set. This won't change. Recently we are thinking about linking to a 3rd party library called CLucene. Unfortunately to index UTF-8 string, this open source static library has to be compiled with 'Unicode' character set. Linking the driver program (MBCS) and library (Unicode) gives me 'mismatch function call' linking errors. I've contacted the library authors for suggestion and they wanted me to switch my app to Unicode. The library uses TCHAR everywhere as interface. First question: Do you know a way to circumvent this predicament? Is there an adapter (e.g. OLE) to connect the two? Second question: Is it feasible to compile the lib as Unicode DLL and link my MBCS program to the DLL? Thanks in advance
June 26th, 2009 1:26am

This would seem to me to be a developer issue. It might be better addressed in one of the MSDN Forums, such as Visual C++.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2009 1:46am

Thank you bnborg, I will reopen my thread there. I will close this thread.
June 26th, 2009 2:53am

Here's the link to the new thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/28b74a70-e641-4b47-b583-9bb597d05174
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2009 2:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics