Active Directory user get locked frequently from 1 pc

Dears,

i have windows server 2012 and client is windows7, one of IT help desk member get locked anytime,

i already know the PC name and made all the troubleshooting steps,

i deleted the cached user profile, also checked the credential manager, and run full scan with mcafee, maleware byte, and with MS conficker worm removal, also checked all the running service,

but the user account still get locked.

i just need a way to know which process or application use the the user credential.

August 26th, 2015 10:20am

Items that can also lockout a user is network mapped drives, exchange, lync..... Have you looked at these items as well? What about a scheduled task running under his user name? Scripts or batch files that have his username and old password in them?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 11:01am

Hi,

Checkout the below link for account lockout troubleshooting using free tools from Microsoft, 
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4585.account-locked-out-troubleshooting-eventcombmt.aspx

If you are interested in evaluating third party tools - Account Lockout Tool from JiJi Technologies helps to analyze the user account loc

August 26th, 2015 4:07pm

Please have a look on below given informative resources which might be helps you to get this job done.
Maintaining and Monitoring Account Lockout

Account Lockout Tools

PowerShell Script to Determine What Device is Locking Out an Active Directory User Account

You may also take help from this which lets you What to do if an account keeps locking out

Meanwhile, If you wish you may try this automated solution to unlock account instantly from login screen.

Hope it helps you!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics