Active Directory information Lock Down
Good Day All, I need to lock down the information that is viewable for a user to other users. I have to enter the following fields Name Surname Work Phone Cell Phone Home Phone 1 alternate contact number address then in note i want to put ID number and a secret question and answer. The only information i would like users to be able to view is the name, surname, Work Phone and cell phone. Then myself as an administrator should be able to read all information. The method of reading the information is through the outlook contact card, so this question might have to be placed in the Exchange 2010 forums. Thanks in advance, any and all information is most appreciated. thanks Shaun.
August 19th, 2011 7:22am

Hello, blocking all this information within AD you will run into trouble if done wrong, i strongly suggest NOT to mess around with security on this details. If you start working with DENY on AD objects and maybe the schema attributes you may crash AD. If you still like to use this way, then BUILT A LAB, 100% THE SAME AS THE PRODUCTION, AND TEST EVERYTHING BEFORE doing this on the production domain.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2011 2:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics