Active Directory domain search

Hello,

In my AD environment other domains are in trust with each other, so we should search with any Active directories.

I am not able get result from other domain's directory when I bind with one domain, with my Java code.

But when I use Search Active Directory features of Windows 7, I can see the results. So what bind details is using with this feature and can I use those details in my Java code to search other directories data.

See image: 

September 2nd, 2015 9:18am

To help understand you are able to see the other trusted domains if you use ADUC but when you try to do it via the method in the screen shot you can not... Is this correct?

Using ldp.exe are you able to bind on ports 389 and 3268 to the trusted domain in question?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 10:35am

Another aspect you may want to verify that the trusted domain allows java execution of code.... The trusted domain may need to do stuff on their end to allow this as java code execution can be viewed as a malleolus attack.
September 2nd, 2015 10:38am

With attached screen, I am able to look all trusted domain directory details, but not able to look with any tool (Java, ldp.exe etc).

Although I am able to bind 389/3268 with my domain, but when I enter Base DN for search (which is connected domain directory), then it is look into connected directory only. it is not going to trusted directory.

So I am looking for what mechanism is used at attached screen tool.

September 2nd, 2015 10:51am

Did you open active directory domains and trusts and view the properties of the trust? from a command prompt did you run "set logonserver" to see what DC you are authenticated to? Are you able to connect to the other side of the trust from the FSMO role holder?
September 2nd, 2015 11:04am

The screen shot is what you see when you click the "Network" node in Windows Explorer. My guess is that the search function binds to a Global Catalog, which would be port 3268, but that is just a guess. That would allow Windows Explorer to search using a Domain Controller in the local domain.
September 2nd, 2015 11:17am

It binds to dsquery.dll: http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/dsquery

September 3rd, 2015 2:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics