Active Directory RMS Stop entering user's credential when opening files
Hello, I am testing AD RMS functionalities and I encountered a problem. My test environment is Windows 2008 R2 (DC), Windows 2008 (SQL 2005), Windows 2008 R2 (AD RMS), Windows 2003 64 bit (Exchange 2007), All client machine in the domain are Windows XP 32bit. I have been searching the way to stop prompting the user credential (user@xxx.local / xxx.local\user) when a user opens RMS enabled documents. All the users are already authenticated by Active Directory so there should be a way not to ask user's credential again. For the user's point of view, they do not understand UPN (Since we have split horizonDNS xxx.local for internal, com.au is email/web), nor "xxx.local\user" format. So I tested creating another UPN Surffix - xxx.com.au and apply a user to "user@xxx.com.au". It should work though I am not too sure whether there is any side effect.. Please give me any idea how I disable authenticating users when they open RMS enabled documents. Any suggestion and recommendation would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance, Akira Sekine
June 15th, 2011 8:38pm

Hello, the better forum to ask is here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/rms/threadsBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2011 2:03am

Thanks Meinolf, I poted the right board. kind regards,
June 16th, 2011 2:16am

Hi Akira, As the post is related to RMS, for quick and accurate response to the question, it is recommended you create a new thread in the RMS forum. The support professional there are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way. Rights Management Services http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/rms/threads Thanks for your understanding. Regards, Bruce This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2011 2:20am

Thank you Bruce for your recommendations. I will create a new thread and leave it with the professionals. :) kind regards, Akira Sekine Meinolf, Bruce, Thank you for the your reply. I will close this thread since I have created a new thread in Rights Management Service area.
June 16th, 2011 3:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics