Active Directory Diagnostics not running in PerfMon

Hello all!

I am trying to run Active Directory Diagnostics in Performance Monitor to address an lsass issue in which lsass consumes too much CPU. 

I opened PerfMon from an elevated Command Prompt and expanded the tree: Data Collector Sets -> System -> Active Directory Diagnostics.  I right-clicked Active Directory Diagnostics and selected "Start."  The diagnostic is supposed to run for 300 seconds and then generate a report.  Problem is, nothing happened after that.  If I right-click Active Directory Diagnostics again, the "Start" option is greyed out. 

Under Reports -> System -> Active Directory Diagnostics, there are no items to show.

I consulted the following Microsoft Document: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971714 and found the following file path where the reports should be located: %systemdrive%\Perflogs\ADDS\<var>date report generation run</var>\*.  But there is no ADDS folder and the Admin folder that is there is empty.

Has anyone seen this before?  If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks.

June 7th, 2013 5:41pm

Have you tried reload the AD DS perf counters?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961948.aspx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 7th, 2013 11:32pm

Thanks.  But the system returned an error of "Unable to find initialization file ntdsctrs.ini"
June 28th, 2013 4:34pm

What operating system and service pack level is this on?
June 28th, 2013 4:57pm

Server 2008 R2 Standard, Service Pack 1.
July 1st, 2013 4:49pm

Should be in C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..services-core-files_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.17514_none_ee11381e3d9bb242
July 1st, 2013 10:11pm

Thanks.  I tried the reload but still cannot get the Active Directory Diagnostic to run.  Going to open a direct ticket with Microsoft about this.
July 2nd, 2013 1:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics