Active Directory Certificate Services - More than one Certificate Server in a domain?
My company has our Active Directory Certificate Services running on a 2003 domain controller. We intend to migrate to a native 2008 domain. Can we install Certificate Services on a new 2008 DC in our domain and issue new c ertificates from that while we slowly migrate off of the old 2003 server? We are using the certs with our VPN concentrator.(Sorry if I'm posting to the wrong forum, I can't seem to find one for this) Thanks, Bob
February 28th, 2011 4:14pm

Hi, Yes, you can. But it is not recommended to install ADCS role on DC. You can also refer to the following guide to do the migration: Active Directory Certificate Services Migration Guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee126170(WS.10).aspx Hope the information is helpful for your work.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 1st, 2011 12:30am

Hi, How's everything going? If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to respond back. Joson Zhou TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 8th, 2011 1:09am

Thanks for your input. For now we have chosen to just renew the ECA on our current server. We will address the migration at a later time. Thanks again. Bob
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 17th, 2011 8:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics