Active Directory - AdHoc Machines
Hi, I have an environment in a school which I volunteer as SysAdmin. We recently upgraded to Windows 7 Pro for all client machines and Windows Server 2008, the school also issued laptops to all teachers for use both in school and at home. At present the laptops are not connected to Active Directory, just the desktop classroom PC's My question is really related to how I should best manage the laptops when connected to active directory. The situation being, I have connected my own laptop to the domain to test, When I log on to the laptop (connected to the school network) everything behaves itself as normal. Login succeeds, roaming profile downloads etc. When I disconnect from the network and log in, I get the obvious alerts about the domain not being available and a local copy of the profile will be loaded. I can then proceed and use the laptop and save some documents etc., however when I re-connect the laptop to the network and log on again, the server copy of the profile over-writes the local profile and thus any documents which were saved offline are lost. This also causes issue if lets say a teacher arrives into school on a Monday morning, and decides to log onto a desktop machine in the morning but not connecting laptop until the afternoon. Anyone have any experience with this? I would appreciate any advice on how to best impliment this environment. Thanks, Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
June 10th, 2012 1:30pm

Hi, How are things going? I just want to check the status of the issue. If you have any update or concern, please feel free to let us know. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 12th, 2012 10:50pm

Hi Aiden, Thanks for the message, All is good here! Thank you Don & Tony also! Regards, Martin If you find my information useful, please rate it. :-)
June 12th, 2012 11:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics