Active Active Second Replica shared DB not accessible

Hello,

I have Active Active Cluster with 2 nodes , on the first node I can execute the queries, but when I trying to execute query or just open a DB to see the tables I getting error:

"The Database XX is not accessible. (ObjectExplorer)"

Please advise

Thanks

• Edited by Danikk8 13 hours 22 minutes ago
April 27th, 2015 1:43pm

can you please check the error in the always on dashboard and in the error log or event viewer..

it should say the reason why it is not being accessible

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2015 1:45pm

This is the error that I getting if I trying to execute query:

The target database XX is participating in an availability group and is currently not accessible for queries. Either data movement is suspended or the availability replica is not enabled for read access. To allow read-only access to this and other databases in the availability group, enable read access to one or more secondary availability replicas in the group. For more information, see the ALTER AVAILABILITY GROUP statement in SQL Server Books Online

April 27th, 2015 2:05pm

All I need is to read and write from both nodes.

Thanks

April 27th, 2015 2:34pm

All I need is to read and write from both nodes.

Thanks

Well, you can only read from the secondary node. that's the concept for Availaibilit Groups.

you can read and write to primary node but only read from the secondary.you cannot write to both the nodes but only read from the both and write to primary.

based, on error message it looks like you configured the secondary replica not to accept the connections .. you need enable your secondary replica accpet the connections..

April 27th, 2015 3:19pm

First, what version of SQL Server are you using, please post the results of SELECT @@VERSION.

Second, the term "active/active" refers to 2 separate instances of SQL Server, one on each node.  This is not load balancing.

It sounds like you want "load balancing" or a secondary read only replica for reporting?? 

SQL Server does not support any kind of load balancing where you can directly write to different databases and have them synchronized.  You can get close with Merge replication, but it is not exactly the same thing.

April 27th, 2015 3:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics