ActiveX error on startup
I created a script so when a PC starts up it registers an Active X control: Copy \\server\netlogon\sleep.exe c:\sleep.exe Copy \\server\ActiveXShare\ActiveX.ocx "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ActiveX.ocx" c:\sleep.exe 15 regsvr32 "C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\ActiveX.ocx" .... For a strange reason when it starts up i recieve the error - LoadLibrary Error (path....) "The specified module could not be found."I thought this was to do with the file not being copied over before the register command is run, so added a 15 second delay, but still the error pops up. When running the script manually all runs fine.What could be going wrong?Thanks
May 5th, 2009 4:44pm

Hi, Thank you for posting here. According to your description, I understand that: The startup script cannot work and the error "LoadLibrary Error" was encountered. If I have misunderstood the problem, please don't hesitate to let me know. If your clients are Windows XP, this issue may be caused by Fast Logon Optimization, please try the configure the following policy to disable Fast Logon. Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon\ Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon For more information, please refer to the following article. Description of the Windows XP Professional Fast Logon Optimization feature http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305293 If the issue persists, please the issue persists or your clients is not Windows XP, lets try to verify the file is copied to Downloaded Program Files folder. Open CMD, try the following command and press Enter at the end of each line: cd C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files dir /a:h Is the file ActiveX.ocx listed? Also, if the script is computer startup script, try to configure it as user logon script and test again. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 6th, 2009 9:11am

HelloSorry for the delay. I was off on holiday.....but i will get the answer to you within the next 24 hours.Many thanks
May 11th, 2009 11:55am

Hi, Thank you for update. Is there any progress? If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
May 13th, 2009 5:23am

Yes that did the trick....Thanks again for your help.
May 13th, 2009 4:50pm

Hi, Glad to hear the suggestions worked. If you have more questions in the future, youre welcomed to this forum. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
May 14th, 2009 6:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics