Activation problem in windows 2008 server...error code: 0x8007232b...
Activation problem in windows 2008 server...error code: 0x8007232b... I am maintaining a server with windows 2003 server....i thought of upgrading my server with new OS windows server 2008 RTM downloaded from msdn After installing the OS i faced the problem of activation???. It suggested me to activate the OS. When i tried to activate through online i faced this error message. My error message is:Code: 0x8007232BDescription: DNS name does not exist. My network setup was fine with all the settings...I am trying to find the exact solution for this...i will try to post the fix soon....
February 13th, 2008 5:03pm

This is a known problem when you use volume-licensed media to install. The issue is described in Microsoft KnowledgeBase Article 929826: Error message when you try to activate: "Code 0x8007232b"
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2008 10:37pm

You receive that error because a default installation using VL media is looking for a KMS SRV record in DNS. You will need to either create a KMS host for your server to find, or use the MAK. I would recomend reading over the VA 2.0 step-by-step guide to make sure you understand how/when to use the KMS key. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb335280.aspx
February 15th, 2008 5:18pm

After looking into this a bit more, it looks like 2008 server does not require you to enter the activation key during the installation process. When you go to activate the os, click on change product key first and enter your MSDN MAK activation key. That should be all you need to activate.
February 24th, 2008 9:31pm

Perfect Ali Baba - that worked for me - no need to install KMS and the like - thank you ------ web design perth
March 5th, 2008 5:15pm

I have the same problem. Where can I enter my MSDN MAK activation key?
March 18th, 2008 3:42pm

Right mouse click on my computer and go to properties. There should be a place to enter your activation or product MAK.
March 18th, 2008 11:17pm

Thank you Ali Bab 0101. After entering the MAK, activation started automatically and was succesful.
March 19th, 2008 10:04am

Ali Baba's post did it for me too. Thanks!
March 26th, 2009 5:25am

Thanks Ali Baba, worked for me too. Now have an activated server thanks to you. Well done.
May 7th, 2009 6:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics