Activation of Products
Hi. We are a Microsoft partner and receive a legitimate license key for several products. We are a Software development company and create VM's to test our products. We are having an issue in that when we install a NEW Virtual Machine , the server product will not allow us to activate the product as we get a message stating that the product key had exceeded its activation limit. At any one time we are only running one Server for testing, but have several VM's set up to allow for us to create the various testing scenarios. Is there a way that we can activate the product key for the various VMs, considering that we are running only one server at a time? Thanks Regards Meeta
July 24th, 2012 8:35pm

For all licensing queries you can seek help in http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.aspxRegards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 24th, 2012 9:41pm

Hi, Activation You must activate your Microsoft product to confirm that each copy of the product is not installed on more than the limited number of computers that is indicated in the software end user license agreement (EULA). The activation process can be performed by using the telephone, a modem, or the Internet. None of the information that is collected during activation will be used to personally identify you. To activate your product over the telephone, use one of the following numbers: Office activation (U.S. only): (888) 652-2342 Windows activation: (888) 571-2048 TTY number: (800) 718-1599 For more details, please check the following article. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/00d23f47-7721-4d87-a45f-c845a279fcab
July 25th, 2012 1:25am

Thanks Jeff. I have since found out that the problem I have had is that we have been activating the software via the internet, even when we have moved to new hardware and that used up our license counts. I have been advised to activate by phone and that has resolved the issue. Thanks MeetaM Doolabh
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2012 2:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics