Activation / Data Loss on Server 2003
We let Server 2003 activation period lapse. I went to activate it and get a message saying I cannot because someone else is trying to do just that.(which is not the case). Went like this for a week and now I cannot log on to the consoleat all. I get a blank screen and nothing else. Can see files and use server that way but need to activate without costly downtime or re-installs. Using SQL server on this machine also. After expalining situ I had someone at tech support say to Just Pull the Plug!! I am not too inclined to do so without knowing the consequences. Could someone enlighten me as to how to get this server activated so we can use it normally? Thank You.
December 1st, 2009 1:27am

You should also be able to phone in the activation.Windows Server 2003 R2 Product Activationhttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/activation.mspxRegards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2009 1:48am

Hi Brad, When the activation fails, a phone number will be displayed on your screen. Please call it to activate your OS. This process is free of charge. Regards, Bruce
December 1st, 2009 11:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics