Activating Server 2008
I am transitioning servers between Server 2000 to Server 2008. Basically setting up new server transferring data and retiring old server.When finished I will have four servers, a DC, a SQL server, an application server, and a terminal server. The SQL server install, setup and activation went smooth, the DC is not. I am getting error 0xC004F038. Key Management service. I installed using a volume license disk with a volume license key. Called Microsoft and was transfered to Product activation, who transferred me to tech support who transferred me back to product avtivation. I tried what was listed in a posting from John Petritis about running slmgr -ipk and my product key and that did not work, I get an error Windows Script Host error 0xC004D01 andclick out of that box and get and error that states an unauthorized change was made to windows. If I run slmgr /dlv I get the Windows Script Error again in script slmgr.vbs and the same error code 0xC004D01.There is nothing installed on this server yet so I could blow it away but What do I need to do to avoid this error or how can I fix this error?
November 11th, 2009 12:27am

HiHave you seen this Technet Articlehttp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/3bc37d3c-2682-4a3b-baca-a520c5c8a91fThanksDeva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 11th, 2009 8:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics