Action Center not working in TP2

Hello,

if I click in tray bar on "Action Center" I obtain nothing. I also tried to right click on it and then choose "Open Action Center" but even with this without result.

Only a notice: this is a virtual machine create in Hyper-V (Windows 10 build 10240).

--

Regards,

Marco Man

July 25th, 2015 8:45am

Hi,

If the Action Center can successfully opened by Control Panel as workaround? Try to install available Windows Update and then confirm the result.

I will try to re-produce this problem in my test environment, please provide the version of msinfo32 result.   

Best Regards,
Eve Wang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2015 8:00am

Hello,

if I go to Start->Control Panel->System and Security->Security and Maintenance the windows opened with no problem, but I don't understand: in Windows 10 if you click on "Action Center" icon you have a completely different UI, so I suppose it was the same.

The version of msinfo32 is "Version 10.0.10074 Build 10074".

--

Regards,

Marco Mangiante

July 28th, 2015 7:43pm

To clarify, this is a Win 10 Client virtual machine, running on a Server 2016 TP2 machine, correct? Also, you are saying that when you click on Action Center icon, nothing happens, but if you get to Security and Maintenance via the Control Panel, it works as expected?

My confusion is this: the Security and Maintenance window you navigate to via Control Panel is not the same thing as the Action Center. The Action Center may, at times, have messages from Security and Maintenance, but it also contains messages from many other sources.

Your issue is that when you click the Action Center icon, nothing happens. You are unable to open the Action Center. Is this a correct description of your problem?

You also mentioned that you are on Build 10074 for your Client machine. That is a fairly old version, and I recommend you update to the latest (RTM.) The update should be available through Windows Update. Once your machine is current, re-test this and let me know what happens.

Thanks,
Jess Cunningham
Windows Beta Team

July 30th, 2015 7:34pm

Hello Jess,

thanks for your reply. I think there is a misunderstanding and I haven't explained well.

I have a Windows 10 physical machine (build 10240) and with the Hyper-V client I created a Windows Server 2016 TP 2 virtual machine where if I click on Action Center icon, nothing happens.

I don't know if the UI of Action Center of the TP2 is similar to that in Windows 10 and sincerely I don't know where to start Action Center from Control Panel.

I looked for Action Center in internet and where to start it from Control Panel and found the Security and Maintenance window, but I don't know if it is correct.

Hope this explain it better.

--

Regards

July 30th, 2015 8:32pm

Hello,

same issue on TP3: the only difference is that if I right click on "Action Center" icon I have no more "Open Action Center" menu voice.

--

Regards

August 23rd, 2015 4:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics