Action Account Not Configured Correctly alert, as soon as server comes out of maintenance mode

I have a group of servers, that get shut down on a nightly basis. As such, I have a routine that puts the "Microsoft.Windows.Computer' and all contained objects in Maintenance Mode, about 15 minutes before it shuts down, until about 15 minutes after it starts up. As soon as the maintenance window ends, I get an alert for each of the servers for 'Action Account Not Configured Correctly' from the 'Action Account Configured' monitor. I can see in the event logs that I get event ids 2010, 7000, 7015, 7021, 21006, 21016, all around 5:10am when the server starts up, indicating it can't find the OM/GW server, or verify accounts. And then 33 seconds later, I get event id 21019 indicating that communication has resumed with the GW (assuming it has been able to now resolve DNS and such with the DC). Then, 23 minutes later, when the server comes out of maintenance, I get the alert in SCOM raised and notifications sent.

Now, I would have thought initially that the reason for this, is that I put the "server" in maintenance, not the agent, and that the agent is a contained object of the server. However, if that was the case, would I not receive the alert at 5:10am when the events occur?

I'm thoroughly confused, and not sure how to handle this "false" alerts. I tried to expand the maintenance window initially, to ensure there was appropriate time for all services. All this did, was delay the amount of time to get the alerts to follow when the maintenance mode ends, now a good 23 minutes after the event 21019 and connection being restored.

So, I need to better understand "why" I get this alert, and then suggestions as to how to ensure I am able to not alert for this down period. I have 50+ servers that fit in this category, so when my users get 50+ alerts first thing in the morning, they tend to panic a bit. :)

Thanks in advance!

mpleaf

September 4th, 2015 5:54pm

Anyone able to help on this?

mpleaf

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 5:27pm

Are you putting Management server or gateway server into maintenance mode?

pay attention on this

It is not recommend that you put management servers into Maintenance Mode. Configuration distribution, the heartbeat feature, and other features for the system might become unreliable. If you place a management server into Maintenance Mode, alerts, notifications, rules, monitors, automatic responses, state changes, and new alerts generated on the management server will be suppressed. The health service on the management server continues to run. Alerts, notifications, rules, monitors, automatic responses, state changes, and new alerts from other agent-managed computers will be processed and displayed as appropriate.

Roger

September 9th, 2015 2:17am

This is neither Management nor Gateway. This is simple a series of Agent servers.

mpleaf

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 10:46am

Anyone? Anything?

mpleaf

September 14th, 2015 12:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics