Account Lockout and Management Tools
With windows 2003R2 and the Account Lockout and Management Tools from MS I can view the accounts that are locked and also the Origin of the lockout. My question is what does server 2008 have to replace this if anything, and also where in the heck does it get the Origin of the lockout from ? It's going to be some time before we move to 2008 and in the meantime I'm creating a web application to replace the lockout tool, but I can't find where to get this Orig Lock value from.Any help is greatly appreciated :)Movah
August 6th, 2008 6:15pm

Hi, First, Account Lockout and Management Tools can be used on Windows Server 2008 as well. You can also use the following command to displays the domain controller that locked the account (Orig Lock): Repadmin /showmeta FQDNofUser. Here is an example to displays the domain controller that locked the account Joson: 1. Type the command Repadmin /showmeta cn=joson,cn=users,cn=domain,cn=local 2. You will get the output as below:Loc.USN Originating DSA Org.USN Org.Time/Date Ver Attribute ======= =============== ========= ============= === ========= 34244 Default-First-Site-Name\145821M2 43103 2008-08-08 15:35:20 4 lockoutTimeDefault-First-Site-Name\145821M2 is the Orig Lock. Hope it helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 8th, 2008 12:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics